Geneious accounts are currently only available to early access partners.
An administrator must first create an account for you, after which you will receive an email with an account setup link. If you have not received this email, you should first speak to the person in your organization who is administrating your Geneious accounts.
Setting your password
Once your Geneious account has been created, you must set your password before you can log in. To do this, follow the ‘Set up account’ link in the email introducing ‘Your new Geneious account’. If this link has expired, you will be diverted to the ‘Reset password’ page - you can get a new ‘Set up account’ link sent to you by submitting your email on this page. The email submitted must match the one used to create the account.
You can choose any password that meets the minimum strength requirement. Generally this means your password must be at least 7 characters long and not be too easy to guess - e.g. not a commonly used word or sequence of numbers. Your password doesn't have to contain a certain number of special characters. If the colored bar is green then your password is strong enough, if it is red then you can click away from the password field for guidance on how to improve your password.
Installing and activating Geneious
Your Geneious account can be used to activate Geneious if your organization has an active subscription. To do so:
- Install Geneious R11 if it hasn't already been installed. This is available from https://www.geneious.com/download.
- Start up R11
- If prompted to activate a license on startup, click ‘Activate License’. If not, wait until Geneious has finished starting up and choose Help -> Activate License... from the menu
- Choose the 'Partner Login' option and click 'OK'
- Enter the email and password
- Click 'Remember Me' if you want to stay logged in when you shutdown Geneious
- Click 'OK'